JACK WALLACE GRAHAM, 90, of Lavalette, W.Va., widower of Betty Gene Graham, passed away Sunday, April 11, 2021, in Cabell Huntington Hospital. He was born December 7, 1930, in Kenova, W.Va., a son of the late Garfield and Maude Caldwell Graham. He was also preceded in death by one sister, Patricia Salmons, and two nephews, Mike and Al Irby. Jack was a graduate of Ceredo-Kenova High School, retired from the Cold Draw Department at INCO, attended Lavalette United Methodist Church and was a member of the Wayne Masonic Lodge and the Scottish Rite of Huntington. Survivors include one daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Richard Burns of Lavalette; a grandson, Zachary Burns of Denver, Colo., a granddaughter, Sarah Burns of Huntington; three nieces, Lynn Salmons, Leigh Christian and Suzanne Toumey; one nephew, William Salmons. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary with Pastor Ray Stonestreet officiating. Burial will be in Dock’s Creek Cemetery, Kenova. Friends may call from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- Friday night concert series to launch in Huntington
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park