JAMES ALVIN PINSON, 92, of Huntington, passed away Friday, March 26, 2021, at his home with family by his side. Funeral services will be conducted 2 p.m. Saturday, April 3, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary with Pastor Dustin McCune officiating. Burial will be in Mose Asbury Cemetery, East Lynn, W.Va. Military rites will be conducted by Veterans Honor Guard Post 16, Huntington. He was born November 7, 1928, in East Lynn a son of James Madison and Elizabeth Gilkerson Pinson. James was also preceded in death by his wife of 60 years, Audrey Sharon Pinson; his daughter, Belinda Carol Pinson; five sisters and six brothers. James was a retired machinist with General Telephone Electronics (GTE) and a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. Survivors include a very special niece, Gladys Weinbrecht of Huntington; two sisters-in-law, Carma Pinson of Huntington and Jane Holley of Charleston, W.Va.; and several nieces and nephews. Friends may visit after 1 p.m. Saturday at Chapman’s Mortuary and send condolences to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Police roundup: Highlawn shooting victim ID’d
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward