JAMES PETER TRACY, 76, of Huntington, passed away Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at his residence. He was born July 31, 1943, in Lincoln, Maine, a son of the late James Leroy and Blanche Brown Tracy, formerly of Enfield, Maine. He was a former nurse’s aide at the Huntington State Hospital and later worked as an in-home tech for the Wayne County Community Services. He was a member of Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church. Survivors include four sisters, Lillian Fetta of Fairfax, Va., Christine Fouch of Huntington, with whom he made his home, Catherine Lyle of Old Orchard Beach, Maine, and Madeline Fogg and husband Bill Fogg of Lincoln, Maine; two brothers, William “Bill” Tracy and wife Roselyn Tracy of Brunswick, Maine, and Spencer Tracy and wife Sue Tracy of Glenburn, Maine. James had many nieces and nephews he loved dearly including two special great-nieces, Katie Reynolds and Haylie Akers. His nieces Deanna Fouch and Dianna Reynolds always thought of him as their special uncle. A memorial service will be conducted 1 p.m. Saturday, May 23, 2020, at Chapman’s Mortuary with Father Douglas Ondeck officiating. Please remember social distancing regulations. Inurnment will be at a later time in Crook Cemetery, Huntington. Friends may visit after noon on Saturday at Chapman’s Mortuary and send condolences to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $4.99 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- JOHN WILLIAM SCARBERRY JR.
- Family, friends honor 16-year-old shooting victim with candlelight vigil
- CHARLES DAVID PERRY
- Juvenile dies after being shot Wednesday in Huntington
- GLENN RANDALL ADKINS
- Tanning salons added to fourth phase of opening
- Some churches will open their doors again beginning Sunday
- CAROLYN MARIE NEWTON
- TAYLA JO JOHNSON
- WILLIAM MASON ARKLE
- Photos: Candlelight vigil for Tayla Johnson
- Photos: Cabell Midland Class of 2020 parade
- Photos: Southside Elementary celebrates last day of school
- Photos: Covenant School mobile kindergarten graduations
- Photos: Huntington Middle School 8th Grade Parade Celebration
- Photos: The pandemic in pictures
- Photos: Opening Day Races at Ona Speedway
- Photos: Former Herd, NFL player Legursky lends hand to United Way
- Photos: 152nd Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade
- Photos: Village of Barboursville Elementary 5th-grade graduation parade