JOHN HERBERT “JACK” VITAL III, of Huntington, died Wednesday, March 31, 2021, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. Jack was born December 14, 1939, in Washington, D.C., the son of the late John H. and Kathryn Vital Jr. He was a retired attorney who practiced in West Virginia and Florida. He is survived by his wife, Barbara Pugh Vital. He is also survived by his daughters, Kathryn Wallace (Gary) of Penn Yan, N.Y., and Marcia Grady (Sean) of Knoxville, Md.; and his sons, Jack Vital IV (Geri) and Mark Vital, both of Huntington; the children of his first wife, Mary Vital of Huntington; as well as four grandchildren, Christopher Vital, Alison and Sean Gachter and Steven Grady; and his brothers, Richard L. Vital (Donna) and Robert E. Vital (Janet). He will be desperately missed by all those who loved him. In lieu of services, the family has chosen to celebrate his life privately. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Child development services employee accused of stealing more than $4.7 million in federal funds
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Man convicted of incest accused of violating probation again, back in jail
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- Coffee, baked goods now available at Wayne business
- Film directed by Huntington native picked up by Marquee Cinemas
- RACHEL KATHRYN TURNER
- Capital High student shot, killed on Charleston's West Side
- Chuck Landon: Scrimmage shows faster pace of 'Huff's Herd'
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, boys basketball
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: Flowers bloom around Huntington
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Mingo Central, girls basketball
- Photos: Prince Philip, Britain’s longest serving consort, through the years
- Photos: Easter service in Kenova Town Square
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Girl Scouts conduct cookie sale for 'Health Care Heroes'
- Photos: Developmental Therapy Center's Egg My Lawn fundraiser