LARRY R. FARLEY, 80, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Saturday, April 3, 2021, at his residence. He was born November 8, 1940, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of the late Allen Jennings and Ethelda Jewell Linville Farley. He was preceded in death by his wife, Rose Mary Thompson Farley. Larry was a retired CSX machinist. Survivors include six children, Mark Farley of Wayne, W.Va., Mike (Kim) Farley of Huntington, Amy (Jim) Lister of Scottown, Ohio, Kelly Still of South Point, Ohio, Kristen Rae (David) Schneidmiller of Pensacola, Fla., and Bradd Farley of Barboursville, W.Va.; 14 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a brother, Lowell Delano (Carolyn) Farley of Barboursville, W.Va.; a sister, Judy (Randall) Sites of Huntington; and several nieces, nephews and special friends. Funeral services will be conducted 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 7, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Rev. Timothy S. Dixon officiating. Burial will be in White Chapel Memorial Gardens, Barboursville, W.Va. Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 'Hillbilly Elegy' author J.D. Vance quits firm after tweets
- Huntington woman accused of sexually abusing, beating 4-year-old
- Jim's Steak and Spaghetti announces modified Strawberry Pie Week
- W.Va. House unanimous in rejection of governor’s plan to cut state income tax
- TINA SARENE LOWE-McCORMICK
- Camden Corner features doughnuts, fried chicken
- Police roundup: Huntington woman caught with gun at airport
- Family sues police after man's death labeled homicide by medical examiner
- Baylor's NCAA title 'exhilarating' for former local prep star Loveday
- SHERYL PYLES
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. George Washington, girls basketball
- Photos: K9 officer training seminar
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Spring Valley, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls basketball
- Photos: Fairland vs. Chesapeake, high school baseball
- Photos: Wayne vs. St. Joe, girls basketball
- Photos: Huntington vs. George Washington, boys basketball
- Photos: Glass-smashing event on Marshall campus
- Photos: High school baseball, Fairland vs. South Point
- Photos: Barboursville Library launches Giving Tree campaign