MARGIE BEATRICE FUGATE, 94, of Ona, W.Va., formerly of Barboursville, W.Va., passed away Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at Paramount Assisted Living, Ona. She was born March 19, 1926, in Belfactory, Ala., a daughter of the late John Bruce and Lura Vinson Cash. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Elvin Handley Fugate; a daughter, Joanna Spears; a son-in-law, Dwain Wheeler; a sister, Minnie Brinkley; and three brothers, Paul, Clifton and Bobbie Cash. She retired after 30 years as a Nurse at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington, where she especially enjoyed working in OB/GYN. She loved her profession, her patients and her co-workers. She was a member of Barboursville Church of Christ. Survivors include three daughters, Barbara (Roger) Parsons of Bell Buckle, Tenn., Pamela Wheeler of Milton, W.Va., and Diana (Larry) Miller of Smyrna, Tenn.; a son, Elvin Wayne (Khim) Fugate of Castle Pines, Colo.; a brother, Johnny Cash of Huntland, Tenn.; 14 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be conducted 11 a.m. Monday, March 22, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Minister Dave Gladwell and Gene Barr officiating. The Nurse Honor Guard of the Ohio Valley will conduct an honor service. Burial will be in Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, Huntington. Visitation will be one hour before the service at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- Former Ironton, Herd football great Cyrus dead
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Former Cabell Midland star Jeffrey to pitch in Draft League
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Greenhouse High Tunnel Open House at HEMS
- Photos: Huntington Comic and Toy Convention