MARIANNA FUGATE CALLAWAY, 84, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away Sunday, September 12, 2021, at her residence. She was born September 16, 1936, in Milton, W.Va., a daughter of the late Clarence and Velma Browning Fugate. She was a member of Harmony United Methodist Church. She was also preceded in death by her husband Carl M. Callaway; three brothers, Jim, Bob and Todd Fugate; and a sister-in-law, Mary Clark. Survivors include a son, Todd Matthew Callaway of Galax, Va.; a daughter and son-in-law, Susanne and David Ferguson of Huntington; two granddaughters, Erin Elizabeth (Steven) Asher of Fort Wayne, Ind., and Hannah Christine (Matthew) DeWitt of Philadelphia, Pa.; two sisters-in-law, Ruth Kellie of Stuart’s Draft, Va., and Jane Smith of Huntington; two brothers-in-law, John Hess of Barboursville, W.Va., and Joe Hess of Huntington, W.Va.; and numerous nieces and nephews. Flowers are appreciated or donations may be made to Cabell Huntington Hospital Foundation for Hoops Family Children’s Hospital, 1340 Hal Greer Blvd., Huntington, WV 25701 www.hoopschildrens.org or to the Marshall University Foundation, 519 John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV 25703. There will be a private family service. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp