MARTHA ANN LEMASTER CARTER, 75, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away peacefully Saturday, October 24, 2020, at her home under Hospice Care. She was affectionately known as “Gran” to those she loved and those that loved her. Funeral services will be conducted 11 a.m. Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at Woodmere Memorial Park, Abbey of Peace, Huntington, with Pastor Tracy Call officiating. Burial will follow. She was born July 19, 1945, in Huntington, W.Va., a daughter of the late Jack and Mary Howard Lemaster. She was preceded in death by her husband, Lindsey F. Carter, her son, Marc L. Carter, and her father and mother-in-law, Harry Sr., and Ruby Carter. She was a graduate of Barboursville High School, a retired secretary in Social Work at St. Mary’s Medical Center for 35 years; and was also a Volunteer at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Survivors include a devoted daughter and son-in-law, Diana and William “Willie” Wilson III of Huntington; four grandchildren, Lyndsay Wilson and Clark Wilson, both of Huntington, Emilee Miller of North Carolina, and Stephen (Erica) Wilson of Pennsylvania; two great-grandchildren, Lee Lee and Carter Miller; a brother Danny Lemaster of Ohio and a sister Donna (Frank) Eastham of Virginia; a sister-in-law who was like a sister to her, Sharon Horn of Huntington; several nieces and nephews; and her faithful fur baby, Jolly. Gran loved her family dearly and would light up when she saw her grandchildren. Her home and heart were always opened to those in need. Martha was an avid fan of Huntington High and Marshall University sports. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, October 27, 2020, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington. Social distancing and face masks are required.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Cabell Midland's Caudill to trade hoorays for oorahs
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- BRIAN KEITH ROSS
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Man admits to robbery, attempted murder of Huntington restaurant owner
- Cabell County man among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Ironton man sentenced to prison
- Charleston police officer Johnson dead at 28; sheriff’s office provides some details on shooting
- Photos: First snow of the season hits Huntington
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Girls High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Coal Grove
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Marshall vs. Wright State, men's basketball
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Piketon
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland