MILDRED HALL NOEL, 99, of Huntington, died Thursday, September 16, 2021, at her residence. Funeral service will be conducted noon Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, with Pastor Robert Harper officiating. Entombment will be in Ridgelawn Memorial Park. Mildred was born September 8, 1922, in Stickney, W.Va. (Raleigh County), a daughter of the late Wilson and Addie Hall. She was a retired schoolteacher from the Cabell County BOE, a member of Highlawn Presbyterian Church, and past Worthy Matron O.E.S. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Leonard Noel; two sisters, Peggy Chambers and Willa Benda; and two grandsons, Luke Eskew and Andrew Noel. Survivors include two sons, James (Peggy) Noel of Milton and Thomas Noel of Bandon, Ore.; one daughter, Sarah (David) Parry of Huntington; seven grandchildren, Mike (Stephanie) Noel, Jamie Noel, Elizabeth Eskew, David Noel, Lauren (Andrew) Weibust, Emily (Isaac) Meyers and Matthew Eskew; 12 great-grandchildren, Damon Noel, Christopher Noel, Jeffrey Noel, Alex Noel, Jillian Noel, Annabella Noel, Brooklynn King, Aiden Eskew, Robert Boltz, Ryan Boltz, Maverick Weibust and Jetson Meyers; and three special nieces, Debby (Bill) McNeer, Cindy (Robert) Harper and Tara (Mike) Barbara. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the charity of your choice. Visitation will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Student senator seeks resolution to reconsider Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Service union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote to send strike notice
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Lawrence County grand jury indicts several
- DANA MORRIS RYDER JR.
- Chuck Landon: MU has options for new home
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: 8th annual All Aboard the Yoga Motive
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony
- Photos: City of Huntington Time Capsule Closing Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington