PEGGY LOU ROBERSON, 87, of Huntington, died Sunday, June 28, 2020, in Cabell Huntington Hospital. Peggy was born May 2, 1933, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Lovett B. and Hester Sanders Ray. She was a floor manager for the former Sears Department Store, a member of the Beverly Hills United Methodist Church, a proud supporter of Marshall University and multiple veterans’ associations and was an avid bridge player. Also preceding her in death was her husband, Elmer “Pete” Roberson, and one brother, Frank Ray. Survivors include one daughter, Kathie Adkins of Petersburg, Ind.; two grandsons, Shawn (Stefanie) Adkins of Hurricane, W.Va., and Pete (Cary) Adkins of Milwaukee, Wis.; one sister, Patty (Doug) Schultze of Georgia; one brother, Bill Dan (Pat) Ray of Barboursville; and a sister-in-law, Vicki Smith of Barboursville. The family wants to thank Linda Justice, Cabell Home Health and Barbara Meadows for all Peggy’s loving care. Family and friends will have a Celebration of her life Friday, July 3, 2020, at the American Legion Post 16 (1421 6th Ave., Huntington) from 5 until 7 p.m. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $13.95 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man admits to traveling to Huntington to rape children
- Lawsuit filed after alleged abuse of Kellogg Elementary student recorded
- Huntington woman jailed after pinning pedestrian with vehicle
- Local family hit hard by coronavirus after funeral
- HD Media purchases new building in Huntington
- Chuck Landon: MU fans worried about losing 'The Union'
- MISHA CARNEY
- Officials investigating death at Western Regional Jail
- Chesapeake slip damages, threatens homes in area
- Spring Valley to limit fan attendance at home football games
- Photos: Marshall Football Practice, July 31
- Photos: Bhakti Vinyasa: Yoga in The Park
- Photos: South Point High School football practice
- Photos: Marshall University football team conducts indoors practice session
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 3
- Photos: “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
- Photos: Magical World of GHPRD's Magic Show Finale
- Photos: Black Lives Matter march in downtown Huntington
- Photos: The Wild Ramp Farmer's Market
- Photos: We Back Blue rally