PHYLLIS REGINA DAVIS, 91, of Huntington, widow of Robert G. Davis, passed away Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at her residence. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at the Woodmere Abbey of Remembrance with Pastor Tim Arthur officiating. Burial will follow. She was born June 3, 1930, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Walter Enis and Ora Isaacs Browning. Five sisters, Maxine Folrod, Eloise Cooksey, Imogene Smith, Rosemary Browning, Patricia Stewart, and one brother, Lindy Browning, also preceded her in death. She was a member of 26th Street Baptist Church and worked in retail sales. Survivors include one daughter, Rebecca Davis, one son and daughter-in-law, Robert Edward and Debra Davis, all of Huntington; two grandchildren, Taylor Childers (David) and Trenton Davis; several nieces and nephews. Friends may visit with the family after 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the cemetery. Chapman’s Mortuary is assisting the family. www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball