RICHARD DEAN GREEN, 75, of Bidwell, Ohio, died Sunday, September 13, 2020, in Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Ohio. There will be a memorial service at a later date. Richard was born July 29, 1945, in Ironton, Ohio, a son of the late Virgil and Mildred Saunders Green. He was retired from Ashland Oil. He was also preceded in death by one son, John Adam Green; one brother, Raymond Green; and a nephew, Daniel Green. Survivors include his wife, Brittina Napier Green; one daughter, Amy Plymale; and one son, Richard Allen Green, all of Bidwell; one sister, Ruth Ann Curfman of Cheshire, Ohio; and one nephew, Sherman Stanley Green of Rio Grande, Ohio. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- STEPHEN MICHAEL ANDREW WARDEN
- ‘Pick-your-own’ pumpkin patch opens in Milton
- Motorcycle club does drive-by drop-off of needed school supplies
- Dispute over broadband grant erupts in Huntington
- MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- After drop in crime, Huntington hopes to address ‘quality of life’ issues
- Huntington recovery program gets nearly $1M loan guarantee
- BUSINESS BEAT: Jewel City Seafood reopens today in downtown Huntington
- Cabell Midland football player tests positive for COVID-19
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: The Paramount Players present "Beehive: The 60's Musical"
- Photos: Run By the River Cross Country Meet
- Photos: High School Soccer, Huntington High girls take on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Ironton vs. Coal Grove, football
- Photos: Heritage Farm We Learn Wednesday Event
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, football
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football