THOMAS IAN SHELTON, 62, of Lesage, W.Va., died Saturday, April 10, 2021, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. Thomas was born December 1, 1958, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of the late Thomas Condor and Betty Shelton. He worked at Riviera Country Club, he was a Marshall University Alumni Member and his name is on a brick on the wall inside the Marshall University Library, and was also a lifelong donor to the Christian Children’s Fund for 41 years. He was also preceded in death by his grandparents, Chester and Ruth Pyles Shelton, his father-in-law, Glen Bias, infant brother-in-law, Raphael Bias, his former father-in-law, Larry Perry, and former mother-in-law, Sheila Perry Thompson, his brother-in-law, Alex Perry, his first wife, Kelly Perry Hardiman and her husband Steve and their daughter Mallory. Survivors include his wife, Robin Nevella Stowers Bias Shelton; his mother-in-law, Minnie Bias; one stepdaughter, Heather Gilkerson (Jeremy) Hagley of Ona and their children Maya Grace, Bella Rose and Braxton Reed; one sister, Judy Linn of Huntington and her daughter Holly Linn (Rob) McComas of Huntington; daughter, Angel Aguilar (Matt) Byrd of Salt Rock, W.Va., and their children Anthony Gage, Aliyah Demaris and Xander Ryan; one brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Jarrod and Shelly Bias of Salt Rock and their children Cory, Jesse, Jordan and Ryan; a sister-in-law, Neisja Rachael (Tony) Jones and their daughter Makenna Leigh; and many family members and more friends than anyone can count. Visitation will be from 5 until 8 p.m. Friday, April 16, 2021, at Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington. If attending, please wear facial covering and honor social distancing. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Spring Valley High School basketball coach sues principal, BOE
- Renamed and rebranded venue The Loud to replace The V Club
- Distribution center being developed in Ona
- Huntington teen charged in man’s shooting death
- South Point's Townson signs contract for first pro fight
- Manchin seeking new study on restoring Cardinal’s daily service
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigate Monday afternoon shooting
- East Huntington woman on fixed income wins free roof
- Hearing date for Tanyard Station bonding capacity on Cabell Commission agenda
- Discovery of chronic wasting disease in Virginia could have implications for WV
- Photos: Little League Baseball, Ona-Milton vs. Huntington
- Photos: Father's Day service at New Life Church
- Photos: Juneteenth 5k Run/Walk "Race for Equality"
- Photos: Juneteenth Festival at AD Lewis Center
- Photos: Sixth annual Firkin Fest craft beer festival
- Photos: 2021 US Youth Soccer Eastern Region President’s Cup, Saturday
- Photos: High school basketball, KY-WV Shootout
- Photos: Heritage Day 2021 at Madie Carroll House
- Photos: Playmates Teen Center reopening celebration
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Washington, Class AAA state softball