WALTER THOMAS ARNOLD III, 74, of Huntington, died Thursday, October 7, 2021 in St. Mary’s Medical Center. Walter was born December 8, 1946, in Ayers, Mass., a son of the late Walter Thomas Arnold Jr. and Barbara Ward Arnold. He was a U.S. Navy veteran and retired from the U.S. Postal Service. He was a member of the VFW Post 1064. There will be no service due to COVID. Survivors include his wife, Deborah Bays Arnold; three daughters, Shannon and Katie Arnold, both of Huntington and Kimberly Phillips Butler of Florida; four sisters: Margie (Garey) Spear of Indiana, Linda (Dave) Bertsch of Alpharetta, Ga., Susan Novak of Middleton, Wis., and Shari (Steve) Krull of Warsaw, Ind.; two brothers, Michael (Jeanne) Arnold of Sacramento, Calif., Steven (Debra) Arnold of Indianapolis, Ind.; and one granddaughter, Victoria Flinchum of Huntington. He will be missed by his fur babies, Bobo “Bobee Buddy,” Harriet “Harry Bear” and Jackie “JackJack.” Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- RODGER A. BLAKE
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, football
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: Third annual West Virginia Minority Health Fair