WENDELL WAYNE HUTCHISON, 80, of Huntington, husband of Donna Jean Bell Hutchison, died Saturday, October 9, 2021, at his residence. He was born November 1, 1940, in Huntington, a son of the late Estelle Clay and Mable Jenkins Hutchison. Also preceding him in death were three brothers, Joseph Hutchison, Robert Hutchison, and Winifred “Hutch” Hutchison; a sister, Pearl Young; and a sister-in-law, Cheryl Jackson. “Wayne” was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was a retired brick layer having worked for Metro Masonry and B & W Sales and Equipment. Wayne was a member of the Beverly Hills Church of Christ and the B.A.C. Union, “Brick Layers Association.” In addition to his wife, Donna, survivors include a son, Wendell Hutchison Jr. of Jacksonville, Fla.; a daughter and son-in-law, Rebecca and Doug Stuckey of Jacksonville, Fla.; 20 grandchildren, including, Cody Hutchison, Seth Hutchison, and Wyatt Stuckey; 16 great-grandchildren; a brother, Dearl Hutchison; five stepdaughters: Jeri Hammond of Clayton, N.C., Rebecca Beard of Knightdale, N.C., Valerie Dino of Salt Rock, Suzanne Shirkey of Barboursville, and Diane Tackett of Hurricane, W.Va.; three sisters-in-law, Rosanne Long, Denise Woods, and Bonita Estep; and two brothers-in-law, Quentin Bell and Anthony Bell. A memorial service will be held 6 p.m. Thursday, October 14, 2021 at the Beverly Hills Church of Christ with his brother, Minister Dearl Hutchison officiating. Food and fellowship will follow services. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Student senator seeks resolution to reconsider Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Service union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital vote to send strike notice
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Transplants to Putnam County have finally found “home”
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Lawrence County grand jury indicts several
- DANA MORRIS RYDER JR.
- Chuck Landon: MU has options for new home
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: 8th annual All Aboard the Yoga Motive
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: Collis P. Huntington bust dedication ceremony
- Photos: City of Huntington Time Capsule Closing Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington