WILLIAM BRET CONLEY, 61, of Point Pleasant, W.Va., died Saturday, July 25, 2020, in Pleasant Valley Hospital. Bret was born April 16, 1959, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of Mary Elizabeth Heinz Conley of Huntington and the late William Wendell Conley. He was a carpenter by trade. Additional survivors include one son, Christopher A. (Angie) Conley of Huntington; two brothers, James W. (Amy) Conley of Tampa, Fla., Michael A. (Debbie) Conley, and one sister, Tammy Black, all of Huntington; two grandchildren, Marcus Conley and DeAsia Henderson, both of Huntington, his stepmother, Dixie Ann Conley of Charleston, W.Va.; three stepsisters, Cindy Krantz of Charleston, Jennifer Calangi of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Pam Lamb-Hart of Marion, Ohio; and numerous nieces and nephews. There will be a memorial service at a later date. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.chapmans-mortuary.com.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $13.95 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
2851 3rd Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Huntington woman jailed after pinning pedestrian with vehicle
- Man admits to traveling to Huntington to rape children
- Lawsuit filed after alleged abuse of Kellogg Elementary student recorded
- HD Media purchases new building in Huntington
- MISHA CARNEY
- Chuck Landon: MU fans worried about losing 'The Union'
- Chesapeake slip damages, threatens homes in area
- PAUL EDWIN DEMPSEY JR.
- Investigation underway after man dies at Barboursville jail
- Health Care Authority approves HIMG acquisition
- Photos: Marshall Football Practice, July 31
- Photos: Bhakti Vinyasa: Yoga in The Park
- Photos: South Point High School football practice
- Photos: Black Lives Matter march in downtown Huntington
- Photos: Marshall University football team conducts indoors practice session
- Photos: “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
- Photos: Magical World of GHPRD's Magic Show Finale
- Photos: The Wild Ramp Farmer's Market
- Photos: We Back Blue rally
- Photos: Mural project in Central City