JAMES D. WAY, 70, of Huntington, passed away April 12, 2021. Born October 15, 1950, Jim was an avid tennis player and loved music. He was dedicated to his profession, had a brilliant mind and possessed the wittiest sense of humor. Already missed by many, Jim is survived by dear friends, who were like family, as well as his sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews, and cousins. Jim was preceded in death by his parents, Edwin W. Way and Opal A. Dorsey Way, and his two brothers, Harry F. Wheeler and Donald R. Wheeler. Jim will be laid to rest beside his parents in Woodmere Memorial Park in a private graveside interment. Expressions of condolence may be made in his memory to Little Victories Animal Rescue, 3589 Wire Branch Road, Ona, WV 25545. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpenter.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- Friday night concert series to launch in Huntington
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park