PAUL A. PERRY, 58, passed away April 4, 2021, in his hometown of Huntington. Paul was an Alumnus of Marshall University, a lifelong fan of The Thundering Herd, St. Louis Cardinals and New England Patriots. He spent most of his career as a sales and finance specialist in the Tri-State area. Paul “P-Funk” had an outgoing personality, a playful grin and a love for music, especially old-school R&B. He cherished many lifelong relationships, and his friendship was charismatic and loyal. He was baptized in the Christian faith. Paul is survived by his parents, Dr. Simon D. and Francis H. Perry, his siblings, David D. Perry, Kelly E. Vaziri (Dr. David Vaziri), Thomas D. Perry (Jennifer Perry), his three beloved daughters, Kelli “Baboo” Dixon (Shawn “only son” Dixon), Billie Ann Marie Perry and MacKenzie Shae Perry, and as Paul would say, his two wonderful “grand-dots,” Chloe Renae Dixon and Lillian Grace Dixon, many special nieces and nephews, and his best friend and biggest supporter, Diane “Daiz-Daiz” Wilson-Perry, all of whom will love him through eternity. Dadoo, until we can dance again in Heaven, KJ. There will be a gathering of family and friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 9, 2021, at Klingel-Carpenter Mortuary. Masks and social distancing will be observed. Private interment will follow in Spring Hill Cemetery on Saturday. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpenter.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- KAYLA NICOLE BLEDSOE
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Ward's greatness on and off field remembered at C-K
- Planned MU baseball stadium could open ahead of 2024 season
- Highlanders standouts commit to colleges
- TERESA SUSAN EVANS
- Expert notes red flags in top 1% of Cabell prescribers with data distributors could have accessed
- Athletic report finds lack of revenue affects department success
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Little League Baseball, Ona-Milton vs. Huntington
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Cabell Midland softball wins Class AAA, Region IV title
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: Marshall men's basketball Herd Camp