RICHARD R. “DICK” BRAMMER, 78, of Huntington, West Virginia, passed away peacefully Tuesday, September 8, 2020, surrounded by his wife, Cam, and his two sons, Brian and Sean, at St. Mary’s Medical Center, Huntington, W.Va. Dick was born November 18, 1941, son of the late Earl and Julia Brammer and brother to the late Michael Brammer. He was a graduate of South Point High School, Marshall University (BA and MA), and OCS, United States Marine Corps. Dick served in the Marine Corps from 1964-1970, being honorably discharged after attaining the rank of Captain. Dick had a long history of leadership in his work life, from account executive to Steel-Industrial Development Manager. Dick had a passion for baseball and started the “Huntington Patriots.” The traveling teams for youth 15 to 18 gained exposure to colleges for possible scholarships; he did this for over 20 years. He is survived by his loving wife of 42 years, Camilla “Cam.” He was the loving and devoted father to Brian and Sean (Allison); wonderful grandfather to Megan, Carter, Hannah, Joshua and Caleb. Dick was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church where he devoted many hours to the needs of the church and a dear friend to many. A visitation will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, September 19, at Klingel-Carpenter Mortuary, with masks and social distancing observed. Private graveside services will be held at Arlington National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Dick Brammer Youth Baseball Foundation, c/o Bailes, Craig and Yon Law Firm, PO Box 1926, Huntington, WV 25720-1926. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpenter.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Body recovered near Camden Park
- STEPHEN MICHAEL ANDREW WARDEN
- Former council member, magistrate indicted in 2019 shooting
- UPDATE: MU professor put on leave after offensive statement about Trump voters during class
- Huntington recovery program gets nearly $1M loan guarantee
- BUSINESS BEAT: Jewel City Seafood reopens today in downtown Huntington
- Huntington will settle suit with former MU athletes for more than $350K, according to attorney
- Area hospitals see surge in COVID-19 cases
- Cabell Midland football player tests positive for COVID-19
- PHILLIP EDWARD COLLINS
- Photos: Marshall vs. Appalachian State, football
- Photos: Protest at Mildred Mitchell-Bateman Hospital
- Photos: Fairland vs. South Point, football
- Photos: Homeschool skate event at Skateland
- Photos: Drive-in talent show
- Photos: People spend Sunday afternoon at Camden Park
- Photos: Huntington High vs. Wheeling Park, football
- Photos: High School Soccer, Huntington High girls take on Cabell Midland
- Photos: Heritage Farm We Learn Wednesday Event
- Photos: Fall activities in Milton