ROSE SLATER ROBERTSON, of Huntington, passed away November 4, 2020, in the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. Rose was born November 22, 1938, in Huntington, a daughter of the late John Harrison Slater and Lela Morrison Slater, and wife to the late David Robertson. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her son, James “Jimmy” Robertson, brother, John Slater, and sister, Mary Jarrell. Rose retired from St. Mary’s School of Nursing. She and Dave enjoyed their grandkids immensely. Their greatest joys came from spending time with their grandchildren, including many wonderful vacations together. She is survived by her daughter, Laurie (Stacy) Wooten; son, Jeff Robertson; sister, Wanda Doss; and sisters-in-law, Carolyn Bagby and Sue Hood. She is also survived by her three grandchildren, Tanner (Nora) McMullen, Brooke (Ryan) Seidewitz, Brianna McMullen, and two great-grandchildren, Brynlee and Bodhi. The family would like to offer sincere gratitude to the caring and compassionate staff of Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House and Cabell Huntington Hospital, 2 West. A private service will be held at a later date. If you find it in your heart, the family would appreciate donations to the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House of Huntington, PO Box 464, Huntington, WV 25709-0464, www.hospiceofhuntington.org. Klingel-Carpenter Mortuary, Huntington, is assisting her family with arrangements. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpenter.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Ironton QB hasn't let hearing loss affect his play
- W.Va. high court upholds life sentence for Huntington man acquitted of murder
- Wayne County weighing four-day in-person school week
- Details released, bond set in Huntington home invasion
- Herd football likely sitting out again this week
- Controversy erupts over Cabell County Commission resolution to dissolve airport authority
- Pennsylvania first requires masks during play, then backtracks
- Map-induced forfeits move Cabell Midland, Bridgeport into Class AAA semifinals
- Meth dealer, user gets nearly five years in federal prison
- Downtown Huntington revitalization plan underway
- Photos: Tie Some Love on Huntington
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Ironton vs. Kirtland, state football championship
- Photos: A.D. Lewis Center Thanksgiving dinner giveaway
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church
- Photos: Holiday tree decorating at HMA
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Operation Christmas Child collection event
- Photos: Santa Claus at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Election Day