SHAWN EUGENE STEWART, 56, of Huntington, passed away at home on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. He was born on May 23, 1964, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of Carol Wheeler of Huntington. He worked at Piedmont, US Airways, and was the founder of Stogie’s Inc. He was a Marshall University alumnus, and he loved going to Marshall football games with his daughters and grandchildren. He was a loving father, granddaddy and spouse who always put his family first. He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Jean Rainey; his grandfather, Charles Rainey; and his brother, Michael Wheeler. He is survived by his wife, Beth Thompson Stewart; his daughters, Ashley Stewart and her partner Jason Eastham, Lauren Stewart and her husband Patrick Miller; his niece, Kayla Wheeler; and three grandchildren, Avery, Adalyn and Benjamin; and many friends and family. Graveside services will be held 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 23, 2020, at Spring Hill Cemetery. Klingel-Carpenter Mortuary is assisting the family. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpenter.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Cabell Midland's Caudill to trade hoorays for oorahs
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Lawrence County grand jury returns 20 indictments
- BRIAN KEITH ROSS
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Cabell County man among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Man admits to robbery, attempted murder of Huntington restaurant owner
- Ironton man sentenced to prison
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: First snow of the season hits Huntington
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Girls High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Coal Grove
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church