VIRGINIA POAGUE BROWN CASTLEMAN peacefully joined our Lord on April 18, 2021. Virginia was born June 5, 1943, in Memphis, Tennessee, to William Campbell and Virginia Poauge Brown of Huntington, West Virginia. She attended Endicott Junior College in Beverley, Massachusetts, and later taught at The Boston School For The Deaf in Massachusetts. Virginia was a devoted mother to six beautiful children, James, Elizabeth, Jacqueline, Donald Jr., Mary and Virginia, who were the most important part of her life. She had a green thumb and was her happiest when in the garden surrounded by gardenias and painting, but most especially when raising her children. A spiritual woman, Virginia was ever calm and serene in her faith of God. She will be deeply missed by her family, friends and all who knew her. Virginia is survived by her two sons, James and wife Judith Gervais of Celebration, Fla., Donald Jr. and wife Susan Gervais of Jackson Hole, Wyoming; her four daughters, Elizabeth and husband Andrew Larimer of Wakefield, Rhode Island, Jacqueline and husband Todd Henry of Highland Village, Texas, Mary Gervais of Celebration, Florida, and Virginia and husband Ryan Carlson of Celebration, Florida; her beloved 14 grandchildren; and two loving siblings, Barclay and husband Dennis Kass of Vero Beach, Florida, and William Campbell Brown Jr. of Huntington, West Virginia. A gentle spirit, may she rest in peace. Services will be private. Family guestbook at www.klingelcarpener.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
328 6th Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Police roundup: Highlawn shooting victim ID’d
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball