BRITNIE DAWN MCCOLLUM, 40, of South Point, Ohio, passed away Friday, November 20, 2020, in St. Mary’s Medical Center. She was born May 5, 1980, in Huntington, W.Va., to Ross and Belinda Ousley McCollum. Britnie was a 1998 graduate of South Point High School, attended Ashland Community and Technical College, and was an associate with Crossmark Food Broker. She had a special affection for elderly people. Preceding her in death are her grandfather, Curtis Ousley, and her uncle, Vaughn Ousley. Survivors also include her daughter, who was the love of her life, Braelyn Rylee Maye of South Point, Ohio; her grandmother, Vivian Ousley of South Point, Ohio; one uncle, Scott (Sharrie) Stephens of St. Clairsville, Ohio; one aunt, Sheila (Lionel) Finch of South Point, Ohio; and six first cousins, Bryan Perkins, Stacie Rutherford, Lynsey McKnight, Krystena Burson, Nikki Campbell and Kyle Ousley. A private family service will be conducted at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio, with masks and social distancing observed. Burial will follow in Woodland Cemetery, Ironton. Condolences to the family may be expressed at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- W.Va. high court upholds life sentence for Huntington man acquitted of murder
- Controversy erupts over Cabell County Commission resolution to dissolve airport authority
- Details released, bond set in Huntington home invasion
- Herd football likely sitting out again this week
- Wayne County weighing four-day in-person school week
- Meth dealer, user gets nearly five years in federal prison
- Downtown Huntington revitalization plan underway
- WVSSAC's Dolan confirms Cabell Midland football has positive COVID-19 case
- Pennsylvania first requires masks during play, then backtracks
- Map-induced forfeits move Cabell Midland, Bridgeport into Class AAA semifinals
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Tie Some Love on Huntington
- Photos: Ironton vs. Kirtland, state football championship
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Holiday tree decorating at HMA
- Photos: A.D. Lewis Center Thanksgiving dinner giveaway
- Photos: Santa Claus at the Huntington Mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Election Day