CAROLYN L. SAUNDERS, 67, of South Point, Ohio, died Thursday, July 9, 2020, at King’s Daughters Medical Center. She was born February 1, 1953, a daughter of the late Paul Frederick Toney and Betty Lucas Smith. She was a Registered Nurse with King’s Daughters Medical Center and Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital. She was also preceded in death by her husband, Stephen Dee Saunders, and a son, Aaron Saunders. She loved her family and is survived by one son, Stephen Saunders of South Point; two sisters, Dreama Huninghake of South Point and Phyllis (Mike) Eplion of Jeffersonville, Ind.; two brothers, Paul (Barbara) Toney of South Point and Gary (Debbie) Toney of Huntington, W.Va.; two grandchildren, Sidney and Seth Saunders; and a daughter-in-law, Jennifer Saunders. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 13, 2020, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio, with Pastor Paul Toney officiating. Burial will follow in Sugar Creek Cemetery, Ironton, Ohio. Friends may call at the funeral home from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Controversy erupts over Cabell County Commission resolution to dissolve airport authority
- Man convicted of incest granted probation again
- Downtown Huntington revitalization plan underway
- WVSSAC's Dolan confirms Cabell Midland football has positive COVID-19 case
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Free Thanksgiving meals being provided at Mexican restaurant, other locations
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- Lawrence County grand jury returns 20 indictments
- Details released, bond set in Huntington home invasion
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Holiday tree decorating at HMA
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Election Day