CHRISTOPHER DALLAS HUNT, 40, of South Point, Ohio, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, September 23, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, West Virginia. He was born November 24, 1980, in Ashland, Ky. He leaves behind his wife, Megan Robinson Hunt, and his children, Emilee Riffe, Braxton Hunt and Christopher Hunt, all of South Point, Ohio. In addition to his wife and children, he is survived by his mother, Lucille Hankins (Terry) of Ironton, Ohio; his father, Christopher Hunt (Traci) of Coal Grove, Ohio; two sisters, Samantha Browning of South Point, Ohio, and Whitney Graves of Coal Grove, Ohio; mother-in-law, Debbie Robinson of Ceredo; father-in-law, Larry Robinson (Kelly) of Kenova; and two stepsisters, Sarah Nickel of Kenova and Hannah Nickel of Coal Grove, Ohio. He was employed by TEAM Industrial Services of Huntington, West Virginia, as a Level II Inspector. He cherished life, his wife and children, and his family. Memorial service will be held 1 p.m. Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio. Friends may visit noon to 1 p.m. at the funeral home, prior to the service. Burial will follow at Highland Memorial Gardens, South Point, Ohio. Masks and social distancing will be required to attend. Condolences to the family may be expressed at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Student senator seeks resolution to remove Smith as Marshall presidency candidate
- Realignment woes make Marshall sports' future cloudy
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Ona man who appeared on History Channel show dies
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- UPDATE: Arrest made after man shot in chest near Milton
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, football
- Photos: Marshall mens soccer vs. UAB Blazers
- Photos: Marshall defeats North Texas, 49-21