DONALD EARL KELLEY, 92, of South Point, Ohio, passed away Friday, October 16, 2020, at home. He was born March 19, 1928, in Sistersville, W.Va., a son of the late Earl and Myrle Tracy Kelley. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Virginia Murdock Kelley. He is survived by three children, Brenda (George) Sites of Bolivar, Ohio, Scot (Diann) Kelley of South Point, Ohio, Barry Kelley of South Point, Ohio, as well as 11 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren and three brothers, Richard Kelley, Herbert Kelley and Jim Kelley, and multiple nieces and nephews. Donald was a member of the Church of Christ in South Point, Ohio, and served as an Elder for many years. He was retired from Aristech Chemical and a veteran of the Korean War. Public visitation will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, October 19, 2020, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio; face mask and social distancing will be observed. Private graveside service for the family will be Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at Centenary Cemetery, Chesapeake, Ohio. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Hospice of Huntington, 1101 6th Ave., Huntington, WV 25701. Condolences to the family may be expressed at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Joe Manchin: Precedent demands Senate wait on Barrett confirmation vote
- Police find $40K worth of heroin in West Huntington drug raid
- Marshall's walk-off field goal lifts Fairland over Buckeyes
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2020
- 3 Cabell County residents among state’s new COVID-19 deaths
- Potential sale of ACF parking lot being negotiated
- Plans for new senior center in Lawrence County up for approval
- Community rallies to help newborn, family in wake of COVID-19 death
- SHARON RENEE LONG CARROLL
- Late Young Thundering Herd QB honored with renaming of city block
- Photos: Mr. and Miss Marshall reveal ceremony
- Photos: Rocco's Spaghetti Dinner Drive-Thru in Ceredo
- Photos: Cabell County Middle School Football Championships
- Photos: Marshall defeats FAU, 20-9
- Photos: Fairland vs. Nelsonville-York, football
- Photos: Kenova Pumpkin House gives out pumpkins to locals
- Photos: Honorary Reggie Oliver Square unveiling ceremony
- Photos: MU PAWS therapy dogs conduct costume parade
- Photos: Huntington vs. Cabell Midland, girls soccer
- Photos: Football, Huntington High School vs. South Charleston