DORIS JEAN KEENEY, 86, of South Point, Ohio, died Wednesday, July 29, 2020, in Sanctuary of the Ohio Valley, Ironton, Ohio. She was born August 29, 1933, in Chesapeake, Ohio, a daughter of the late Homer Keeney and Hattie Ferris Keeney. She was a bus driver for Dawson-Bryant School District and was a member of Harmony Missionary Baptist Church. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her husband, Robert Eugene Keeney; four brothers, Raymond, Everett, Robert C. and Elva Keeney; and one sister, Margaret Huff. Survivors include her children, Donald E. (Gay) Keeney of Chesapeake, Ohio, and Sherrill Leffingwell of South Point, Ohio; four grandchildren, Micah L. O’Connor, Mila D. (Paul) Helsel, Jeremy E. Leffingwell and Jarod R. (Madison) Leffingwell; and seven great-grandchildren, Grayson Collins, Sheridyn Collins, Anistyn Collins, Saban J. Helsel, Kayleigh Rowe, Kinsleigh Leffingwell and Kyler Leffingwell. Graveside service will be 11 a.m. Sunday, August 2, 2020, at Highland Memorial Gardens, South Point, Ohio, with Jack Finch officiating. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Controversy erupts over Cabell County Commission resolution to dissolve airport authority
- Details released, bond set in Huntington home invasion
- Herd football likely sitting out again this week
- WVSSAC's Dolan confirms Cabell Midland football has positive COVID-19 case
- Downtown Huntington revitalization plan underway
- Man convicted of incest granted probation again
- Meth dealer, user gets nearly five years in federal prison
- KATHY LYNN LYNCH TAYLOR
- Pennsylvania first requires masks during play, then backtracks
- W.Va. high court upholds life sentence for Huntington man acquitted of murder
- Photos: Cabell County Commission meeting
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Turkey Dinner Giveaway at New Life Church
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Tie Some Love on Huntington
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland
- Photos: Holiday tree decorating at HMA
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Ironton vs. Kirtland, state football championship
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights