PAMELA SARK EATON, 65, of Proctorville, Ohio, went to be with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Huntington, West Virginia. Pam was born June 21, 1956, the first child and daughter of Clyde Bernard Sark and the late Geneva Mae Scarberry Sark of South Point, Ohio. Pam was married on July 25, 1975, to Donald Ray Eaton of Proctorville, Ohio. Pam graduated from South Point High School and attended Marshall University. She served as a pastor’s wife for her husband, Don, when he pastored churches both in southern Ohio as well as in Lakeview, Ohio. She is survived by her father, Bernard Sark; her husband, Don Eaton; as well as her sister, Kimberly (Rob) Porter of South Point, Ohio; and her brother, Stephen (Patty) Sark of Columbia, South Carolina. She is also survived by many nieces and nephews whom she loved dearly: Joel (Michelle) West of South Point, Ohio, Rachel (Mark) Patton of Barboursville, West Virginia, Erin (Seth) Tucker of South Point, Ohio, Josiah Sark, Emily Sark, Jacob Sark and Sarah Sark of Columbia, South Carolina; as well as great-nieces and a great-nephew: Rylee and Chloe West of South Point, Ohio, and Taylor, Samuel and Hadley Patton of Barboursville, West Virginia. Pam was predeceased by her mother, Geneva, with whom she shared a common affliction, namely polycystic kidney disease. Both mother and daughter were also grateful recipients of kidney transplants that provided many more years of time here on this Earth for them to spend with their loved ones. Although in her later years she was limited in her mobility due to her health issues, she was a prolific letter writer and card sender and found joy in letting many friends and relatives know that they were thought of and prayed for with her frequent cards and notes. In honor of Pam’s life, rather than sending flowers, perhaps you could take a moment to send a friend or loved one a greeting card or handwritten note to cheer or encourage that person. Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Saturday, July 24, 2021, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio, with her brother, Stephen Sark, officiating. Burial will follow at Miller Memorial Gardens, Miller, Ohio. Friends may visit one hour prior to the service. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- BUSINESS BEAT: Starbucks, Qdoba, Papa John’s coming to Stadium Center in Huntington
- Ugly scene mars exciting game in Boone
- Chuck Landon: Why is MU's attendance so low?
- Prichard Building project gets $3 million grant; construction expected to begin in January
- List would help buy remaining properties for Chesapeake Bypass
- Lesage airport becomes private airstrip following sale
- Despite self-defense claim, Huntington double homicide case moves forward
- Two sentenced to prison in federal drug cases
- Huntington teen pleads guilty to manslaughter charges
- JENNIFER MARIE MERRYWEATHER-DEAN
- Photos: 'Moana Jr.' at Huntington High School
- Photos: Spring Valley vs. South Charleston, football
- Photos: A Fairfield Community Celebration of Gratitude for Dr. And Mrs. Jerome Gilbert
- Photos: Funktafest 5
- Photos: Appalachian State tops Marshall, 31-30
- Photos: 3rd Avenue Art Gallery
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Parkersburg
- Photos: Race for Rembert rubber duck race
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game