PATRICIA JANE FERGUSON BEAN, 72, born January 7, 1949, departed to be with The Lord in Heaven on September 10, 2021. Patty Jane was born to the late Walter and Betty Ferguson in Lawrence County, Ohio. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a niece, Lisa Crager Hatfield. Patty graduated from Coal Grove High School and moved to Columbus, Ohio. She married Gary Bean on October 21, 2006, and laid him to rest on November 20, 2011, where they now have been reunited. Patty remained in Columbus until she retired from Shottensteins Management in January 2014. Patty returned to South Point, Ohio, in May 2014, to be near family that she loved so much. She attended First Southern Baptist of South Point, Ohio, where she enjoyed her ladies group. She also enjoyed playing euchre with a card group at Ironton City Center. Left behind with amazing memories of her to share are her sister and brother-in-law, Danny and Nancy Crager; brother and sister-in-law, Keith and Tracy Ferguson; nieces, nephews, cousins and her fur baby, “Little Bit.” Friends may visit 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home. She will be laid to rest at Harrison Township Cemetery, Ashville, Ohio. Condolences to the family may be expressed at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp