ROSEMARY JUNE LINKFIELD, 82, of South Point, Ohio, passed away September 22, 2021, in Harbor Healthcare, Ironton, Ohio. She was born June 8, 1939, a daughter of the late Alta and Nora Hamlin. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Edward Lee Linkfield; one son, Mark Linkfield; two sisters, Elsie Huff and Marjorie Hudson; and one grandson, Mark Linkfield Jr. She is survived by her two daughters, Mary (Carlton) Cogan of South Point, Ohio, and Melissa (Jim) Freeman of Clayton, N.C.; one brother, Park Hamlin of Ashland, Ky.; eight grandchildren, James Freeman, Chris Freeman, Faith Hepburn, Jason Linkfield, Mindy Clark, Kelly Morgan, Jake Cogan and Maddilyn Cogan; and the best great-granddog ever, Luna Roo. Private family services will be Saturday, September 25, 2021, at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home, South Point, Ohio, with Reverend Richard Carter officiating. Burial will follow in Woodmere Memorial Park, Huntington, W.Va. Condolences to the family may be expressed at www.slackandwallace.com.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
802 Solida Road
South Point, OH 45680
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Marshall plans to open baseball stadium by spring 2024
- RODGER A. BLAKE
- Convicted Ironton felon who admitted driving drunk with child in car avoids prison sentence
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Huntington Out of the Darkness Walk
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers