ANGELES CARRION ROMERO was born in Mexico on Sept. 11, 1954, and passed in Huntington, West Virginia, on July 3, 2021. She had one son, Arturo Lopez Romero, and 12 brothers and sisters. I will always treasure the 29 years she loved me, as I loved her. She came to U.S.A. in 1983, worked very hard in the restaurant business to get her green card and finally obtaining her precious citizenship in 2000. She was extremely proud of these most significant accomplishments. Angeles went to Mira College to study, travel and become a restaurateur. Although these were her main goals for all those years, her beloved family back in Mexico was never far from her thoughts. She always assisted them faithfully even though she might have had to do without something herself. Angeles was well liked, and yes even loved, by everyone in her life. I believe it was because she showed respect for every person that she met. She tried to help as many as she possibly could. To me, my Angeles was a truly special lady and the love of my life. An angel has gone to be with God. — Her loving husband, Roger L. Hall.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball