AUBURN NEIL LUSK, 80, of Milton, W.Va., passed away Saturday, May 16, 2020, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, Huntington. Private family services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville. Burial will be in Woodmere Memorial Park, Huntington. He was born November 18, 1939, in Fanrock, W.Va., a son of the late Raymond Neil and Helen Altizer Lusk. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was preceded in death by one son, Cody Lusk, and one sister, Sue Berkhead. He is survived by his loving wife of 30 years, Sheila Harper Lusk; one daughter, Christi Lusk of Huntington; one son and daughter-in-law, Sean and Janet Lusk of Ona; one sister, Betty Short of Chesapeake, Va.; one brother, Wendell Lusk of Wellston, Ohio; five grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $4.99 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- JOHN WILLIAM SCARBERRY JR.
- Family, friends honor 16-year-old shooting victim with candlelight vigil
- CHARLES DAVID PERRY
- Juvenile dies after being shot Wednesday in Huntington
- GLENN RANDALL ADKINS
- Tanning salons added to fourth phase of opening
- Some churches will open their doors again beginning Sunday
- CAROLYN MARIE NEWTON
- TAYLA JO JOHNSON
- WILLIAM MASON ARKLE
- Photos: Candlelight vigil for Tayla Johnson
- Photos: Cabell Midland Class of 2020 parade
- Photos: Southside Elementary celebrates last day of school
- Photos: Covenant School mobile kindergarten graduations
- Photos: Huntington Middle School 8th Grade Parade Celebration
- Photos: The pandemic in pictures
- Photos: Opening Day Races at Ona Speedway
- Photos: Former Herd, NFL player Legursky lends hand to United Way
- Photos: 152nd Ironton-Lawrence County Memorial Day Parade
- Photos: Village of Barboursville Elementary 5th-grade graduation parade