BRENDA FAYE BROWN, 62, of Barboursville, passed away Wednesday, April 21, 2021, at Cabell Huntington Hospital. She was born in Steubenville, Ohio, a daughter of the late Vernon Paul Crockett and Beatrice Radcliff Crockett. She worked as a Registered Nurse and was proud of her work as a mental health counselor. She is survived by one daughter, Amy E. Brown of Brooklyn, N.Y.; two sons, Zachary Brown of Leadville, Colo., and Dylan T. Brown of Philadelphia, Pa.; their father, Terry Brown of Huntington; her grandchildren, Krosby and Dax; two special cats, RT and Blue; and numerous brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces, with special mention for Carl Tate and James Crockett for all the support and help he provided over the years of her illness. In lieu of flowers, donations to Dr. Sheffer Clark Dialysis Patient Fund, C/O Cabell Huntington Hospital Foundation, Skip Edwards, 1690 Medical Center Drive, Huntington, WV 25701. Services will be held at a later date. Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Police roundup: Highlawn shooting victim ID’d
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball