C. RICHARD PLYBON, 84, of Ona, W.Va., went to be with the Lord Saturday, February 6, 2021. He was born March 5, 1936, in Barboursville, a son of the late Herman and Mabel Grass Plybon. He was a retired employee of INCO and a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was preceded in death by two brothers, Ronald and Raymond Plybon. He is survived by his loving wife of 63 years, Barbara McCaffrey Plybon; daughter and son-in-law, Karen and Dan Cooper of Pittsburgh, Pa.; sons and daughter-in-law, Bret and Lisa Plybon of Raleigh, N.C., and Evan Plybon of Lafayette, La.; sister, Ruth Lambert of Barboursville; three grandchildren, Drew and Mye Cooper, Ben and Mikayla Cooper, all of Pittsburgh, Pa., and Ashley Jo Plybon of Raleigh, N.C.; two great-grandchildren, MaiLan and Remy Cooper of Pittsburgh, Pa.; Alyssa Turner, Christian and Becca Hall, who were loved as grandchildren; and many loved nieces and nephews. A celebration of his life will be held Saturday, March 6, 2021, at 1 p.m. at the Gateway Christian Church, St. Albans, W.Va. Memorial contributions may be made to Gateway Christian Church Haiti Fund or Hospice of Huntington. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Homecoming more than a game at HHS
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Invasive spotted lanternflies found in fourth West Virginia county
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Prichard woman found dead; husband charged with murder, concealment
- Police roundup: Woman charged in Huntington shooting
- Photos: Herd fans tailgate before Old Dominion game
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: West Virginia Pumpkin Festival, Saturday
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Huntington defeats Woodrow Wilson, 63-0
- Photos: Marshall football defeats Old Dominion 20-13
- Photos: Heron Fest
- Photos: Rome Fire Prevention Parade
- Photos: Marshall University Homecoming Parade
- Photos: Hal Greer statue dedication ceremony