CARL EMMET GLOVER, 69, of Milton, W.Va., passed away Saturday, January 8, 2022. He was born October 30, 1952, in Cabell County, a son of the late Clydie and Martha Meadows Glover. He is also preceded in death by his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Silas and Martha Davis. He is survived by his wife, Cynthia Davis Glover; one daughter, Christine Korff (Wendy); one son, Jamie Glover (Shyla Hite); two sisters, Carolyn Adkins (Charlie) and Kathleen Conley (Terry); three brothers, EM Glover, Bill Glover (Kim) and Randal Glover; five grandchildren, Kaitlyn, Shatana, Brandon, Cody and Jacob; a special niece, Lisa Lucas; and a host of other nieces, nephews, friends and special fur baby, Rocky. A memorial service will be conducted at 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Pastor Charlie Norris officiating. Friends may visit from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Online condolences may be sent to www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Woman who embezzled millions from Huntington nonprofit set for sentencing
- CHRISTOPHER AUSTIN JONES
- Nucor announcement spurs interest at retired Philip Sporn plant in Mason County
- Former Huntington children's nonprofit worker gets seven years for stealing $4.7 million
- GREGORY ALLEN TOWNSEND
- KELLY M. STILTNER DICK
- ANGELA MICHELLE JOHNSTON
- Police roundup: One in custody after ‘emergency situation’ draws police to West Huntington
- RONALD “MARK” CHAPMAN
- South Point couple who died in home fire ID’d
- Photos: Strike rally outside of Special Metals
- Photos: The Good Time Bad Art Show
- Photos: High school wrestling, Cabell Midland vs. Huntington High
- Photos: Boys basketball, Huntington High vs. Cabell Midland
- Photos: Blenko Glass Company's 6th annual Water Bottle Week
- Photos: Overnight snow covers area
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane, boys basketball
- Photos: Marshall women's basketball takes on Florida Atlantic
- Photos: Marshall vs. FIU, women's basketball
- Photos: Hurricane vs. Cabell Midland, girls basketball