CAROL ANNE MYLAR, 81, of Barboursville, passed into the loving arms of Jesus and the Holy Mother Tuesday, March 23, 2021. She was greeted by many loved ones that were there to take her on the grand tour of her new home. Funeral service will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 27, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Monsignor Dean Borgmeyer. Burial will be in Ridgelawn Memorial Park. She was born September 21, 1939, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Jeremiah (Jerry) and Claire Seiber Goheen. She was a graduate of Huntington East High School in 1957. She attended Marshall College and retired as a nurse from St. Mary’s Medical Center. She was preceded in death by her brother, Dennis Joseph Goheen. She is survived by her loving husband of 59 years, Albert E. Mylar; daughter and son-in-law, Katherine and Thomas Mylar Wintz of Huntington; son and daughter-in-law, Steven and Sherry Mylar of Arizona; grandchildren, Brenden Wintz, Declyn Mylar, Bryan Mylar, Katye Mylar and Shayne Mylar; and one great-grandchild, Aria Thinnes Mylar. Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Police roundup: Highlawn shooting victim ID’d
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Cabell Midland vs. Huntington, baseball