CAS SCHICK, age 20, of Centerville, Ohio, passed away on Tuesday, July 21, 2020. He was born in Cranberry, Pennsylvania, on July 28, 1999, to Chris Schick and Melissa Jackson (nee Settle). Cas is survived by his mother, Melissa (Brandyn) Jackson; father, Chris Schick; siblings, Hanna Schick, Eric Schick, Kaden Jackson, Lucy Jackson; maternal grandparents, James and Jennifer Settle and Julie Mullen; paternal grandmother, Mary Sandlin; close friend, Maleah Reshea; and a host of other family members and friends. Cas was a gentle soul. He enjoyed cooking and would cook all the time for his family. Cas had a talent of being able to hear music and replicating it on the piano and would play for hours. He also drew sketches of people. Cas recently took up Muay Thai with his brother Eric and always stayed active. He loved being the oldest brother and would support his younger siblings any way that he could, always smiling and goofing off; he will truly be missed by his friends and family. Celebration of Life service in West Virginia will be held at 1 p.m. August 2, 2020, Wallace Funeral Home, 1159 Central Ave., Barboursville, WV 25504, with visitation beginning at noon. Online condolences may be expressed at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Essential reporting in volatile times.
Not a Subscriber yet? Click here to take advantage of All access digital limited time offer $13.95 per month EZ Pay.
Interested in Donating? Click #ISupportLocal for more information on supporting local journalism.
Learn more about HD Media
Learn more about HD Media
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Huntington woman jailed after pinning pedestrian with vehicle
- Man admits to traveling to Huntington to rape children
- Lawsuit filed after alleged abuse of Kellogg Elementary student recorded
- HD Media purchases new building in Huntington
- Chuck Landon: MU fans worried about losing 'The Union'
- MISHA CARNEY
- Chesapeake slip damages, threatens homes in area
- PAUL EDWIN DEMPSEY JR.
- Spring Valley to limit fan attendance at home football games
- Health Care Authority approves HIMG acquisition
- Photos: Marshall Football Practice, July 31
- Photos: Bhakti Vinyasa: Yoga in The Park
- Photos: South Point High School football practice
- Photos: Marshall University football team conducts indoors practice session
- Photos: Black Lives Matter march in downtown Huntington
- Photos: “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
- Photos: Magical World of GHPRD's Magic Show Finale
- Photos: Marshall football practice, Aug. 3
- Photos: The Wild Ramp Farmer's Market
- Photos: Mural project in Central City