CLARA YVONNE ROSS RIGNEY, 74, of Huntington, W.Va., wife of Kenneth Rigney, passed away Wednesday, April 14, 2021, in the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House. She was born October 14, 1946, in Cabell County, a daughter of the late Nathan and Maude Ross. She graduated from Barboursville High School in 1964. She retried from Harts Big Bear in Huntington. She was a lifelong member of Apostolic Life Cathedral. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by three sisters, Mildred Black, Loretta Hicks and Ermalee Burl; two brothers, Larry Joe Ross and Melvin Nathan Ross. In addition to her husband, she is survived by three sisters, Patricia (KO) Bowls, Sandra Kay Hamlin and Maude Sue (Larry) Bell; three brothers, Gary (Janice) Ross, Mike (LeAnn) Ross and Roger (June) Ross; and several nieces and nephews; and her dog, Hobo. Services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Monday, April 19, 2021, at the Abbey of Devotion at Ridgelawn Memorial Park, Huntington, with Rev. E.S. Harper officiating. Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville, is assisting the family with arrangements. In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to a charity of your choice. Online condolences may be sent to www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- Friday night concert series to launch in Huntington
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title
- Photos: Local musicians gather for jam session at Ritter Park