DAISY RUTH NICHOLS, 66, of Kenova, passed away Friday, October 8, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, October 14, 2021, at Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Rev. Bobby Young. Burial will be in Baylous Cemetery. She was born August 22, 1955, in Clarksburg, W.Va., a daughter of the late Frank Buck and Mary Louise Eakle. She is survived by her husband, Charles Nichols; sister, Ruby Vance; brothers, George, Danny and Joe Buck; grandson, Herbie Blake; and granddaughter, Melanie Keesee. Visitation will be 10-11 a.m. Thursday at Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- RODGER A. BLAKE
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, football
- Photos: Third annual West Virginia Minority Health Fair