DAVID LEO CHAPMAN, 80, of Milton, passed away July 31, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted 11 a.m. Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, by Minister Danny Evans. Burial will be in White Chapel Memorial Gardens. He was born February 10, 1941, in Milton, a son of the late Oscar Delbert and Thelma Jewel Smith Chapman. He was a veteran of the US Army. He was preceded in death by his wife, Melody Hutchinson Chapman; siblings, Richard Chapman, Dorothy Chapman, Norma Lee Stratton and Violet Courts. He is survived by his sons and daughters-in-law, Mark and Jeanetta Chapman of Milton, Eric and Delores Chapman of Ona, and Andy and Sherri Chapman of Huntington; sisters, Donna Weekly of Ona, Pauline Bledsoe of Milton, Ora Gail Cain of Milton and Linda Sue Stewart of Mission Viejo, Calif.; brothers, Charles Chapman of Milton, Don Chapman of Milton and Johnny Chapman of Milton; grandchildren, Josh Chapman, Deric Chapman, Mac Chapman, Sean Roush, Samantha Forney, Rachael Fillinger and Kaylie Chapman; and great-grandchildren, Qwinn Forney and Marilyn Fillinger. Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Milton. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- HADCO reaches deal with medical cannabis company
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- Huntington man charged in 2018 shooting deaths
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp