A beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend, DREW ANEESHA COPENHAVER left this world unexpectedly, at 21, on February 16, 2021. Born in Huntington, on December 29, 1999, to Jonathan and Amie (Roberts) Copenhaver, Drew was a graduate of Hobart Institute of Welding Technology. Drew was a talented welder and had recently moved back from Montana where she worked with structural steel. She was in Florida helping her brother when she passed away. Helping and caring perfectly sums up Drew. Drew was inventive, creative, an animal lover, a beautiful soul inside and out; she was fiercely loyal to her friends and family. We will always remember her tenacity, powerful presence and caring personality. Her presence in our lives will be sorely missed. When you think of Drew, celebrate the good memories you have of her. Remember that life is fragile and short and should be lived to the fullest, which Drew did in every way. Drew was preceded in death by her father, Jonathan. She leaves behind her mother; brother, Dakotah; grandfather, John; and her best friend, Isaac, along with many more relatives and friends. A Celebration of Life will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 1, 2021, at Wallace Funeral Home, located at 1159 Central Ave., Barboursville. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting that a donation be made in Drew’s name to The Troy Foundation, 216 W. Franklin Street, Troy, OH 45373, 937-339-8935. The Troy Foundation provides scholarships to welding students attending Hobart Institute of Welding Technology. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- ANDREA LYNN ROY
- Ona man to appear in episode of ‘Forged in Fire’ on History Channel
- Cabell Commission approves litigation resolutions involving Robert Newlon Airport
- Mary Donnan, wife of former Herd football coach, dies
- McCallister brothers face new indictment in shooting of man
- Brumfields combine for 875 baseball victories
- Chuck Landon: Give O'Malley a chance at MU
- Drug court returns to in-person graduations with joyous celebration
- Changes to social service agencies in WV aim to improve child welfare system
- Time Saver Auto Title & Notary permanently closes all locations
- Photos: Drag Me to Brunch Picnic Edition
- Photos: Five graduate from Cabell County Drug Court
- Photos: The Addams Family the Musical at Ritter Park
- Photos: Art in the Park
- Photos: 14th Street West Arts Fest
- Photos: Old Central City Days returns for 30th anniversary
- Photos: Final round of the Bettinardi Classic
- Photos: C-K community celebrates the life of Carl K. Ward
- Photos: Tri State Street Rods annual car show
- Photos: Chalk the Lot at the Ashland Town Center