ELMER LEE BLACK JR., 75, of Huntington, W.Va., passed away April 8, 2021, in Cabell Huntington Hospital. He was born August 1, 1945, in Cabell County, a son of the late Elmer Lee Black Sr. and Mary Short Black. He was also preceded in death by one sister, Daisy Smallridge; one brother, Jack Black; and one granddaughter, Adrian Nicole Black. He is survived by his wife, Georgeanna Cullum Black; one daughter, Inieze Woodrum of Huntington; one son, Pat (Stephany) Black of Huntington; siblings, Nancy Flora of Huntington, Shirley Childers Watts of Ona, Mary Bowen of Huntington, Henry Black, Ivan Black and Kenny Black, all of Huntington, and Rob Black of Michigan; four grandchildren, Shane (Bree) Black, Breann (Jacob) Black, Jadyn (Zack) Woodrum and Ryleigh Woodrum. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021, at Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Minister Danny Evans. Burial will be in White Chapel Memorial Gardens, Barboursville. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- 2021 West Virginia high school boys basketball tournament schedule
- DAVID ARTHUR BECKETT
- Human remains identified as man missing for six years
- Nine Cabell pharmacies controlled half of opioid market, expert says
- West Virginians can now register for medical cannabis card
- With no questions from defendants, Rader’s testimony kept short at opioid trial
- EDDIE JOE ALDRIDGE
- Milton educator brings W.Va. history to life through animated videos
- Friday night concert series to launch in Huntington
- The Wing Place adds new option to The Market
- Photos: Readers share their prom 2021 photos
- Photos: Cabell County’s National Day of Prayer service
- Photos: George Washington wins Class AAAA state championship
- Photos: Huntington tops University in Class AAAA state tournament
- Photos: Huntington falls to Morgantown in Class AAAA semifinals
- Photos: HPD swears in nine probationary officers
- Photos: Mother's Day brunch lessons at Huntington's Kitchen
- Photos: Huntington High Theatre 2021 Senior Showcase
- Photos: First Friday returns to downtown Ashland
- Photos: Shady Spring defeats Wheeling Central for Class AAA title