EVA "GERRY" GERALDINE STOWASSER KEATON, 88, of Milton, W.Va., went home to be with the Lord on Monday, November 30, 2020, at Genesis Healthcare Putnam Center. She was born June 20, 1932, the oldest daughter of Larry and Dollie Jenkins Stowasser. Gerry retired from Milton Foodland. Her favorite pastimes were cooking and sewing for her loved ones, and spending time with her family and friends. She attended Florida Street Baptist Church. She is also preceded in death by her husband, Robert L. Keaton; two sons, Jerry Michael and Robert Patrick Keaton, and one daughter, Emma Jane Harris. She is survived by two sisters, Pauline Feasel of Tiffin, Ohio, and Patricia Clagg of Glenwood, W.Va.; two daughters, Penelope C. Scarberry of Culloden and Michelle K. Payne (Mike) of Hedgesville, W.Va.; daughter-in-law, Brenda Keaton; seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; eight great-great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Friday, December 4, 2020, at Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Pastor Jamie Jefferson officiating. Burial will follow in Bias Chapel Cemetery, Milton. Friends may visit from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lawsuit accuses Cabell County Schools of failing to protect student from sexual abuse
- “I don’t know what treason is:” Hurricane woman faces charges after accused of entering US Capitol
- Sources: Majority of Herd’s 2020 staff will not return
- Herd football staff starting to come together
- Marshall board signs off on Huff's hiring
- Police roundup: Pikeville teen jailed on child porn charges
- Huntington-filmed streaming series 'Normal for Now' takes on pandemic life
- Police roundup: Wayne County couple found after more than 450 grams of meth, heroin found
- Chuck Landon: Mississippi St. was linch-pin for MU hiring Huff
- Huff officially announced as Marshall's new head coach
- Photos: Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Photos: Day of Service
- Marshall University students return to residence halls
- Photos: Marshall vs. WKU, men's basketball
- Photos: Girl's High School Basketball, Ashland vs. Morgan County
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Ashland vs Robertson County
- Photos: South Point vs. Gallia Academy, boys basketball
- Photos: Marshall vs. FIU, women's basketball
- Photos: Chesapeake vs. Coal Grove, girls basketball
- Photos: Tri-State Hoops Throwdown, Fairland vs. Fairfield