FRANCIS SCHULLER HEDRICK, age 82, husband of Carolyn L. Hedrick of Culloden, W.Va., went to be with his Heavenly Father to prepare a place for his family on Thursday, January 7, 2021, surrounded by his loving family. He was born December 26, 1938, in Huntington, W.Va., a son of the late John and Muriel Carter Hedrick. He was retired from Houdaille Industries and was a veteran of the US Navy and US Army. He was preceded in death by one son, Schuller E. Hedrick, and one grandson, Joshua Davis. He is survived by his loving wife of forty-five years, Carolyn L. Johnson Hedrick; five children, Rebecca S. (Robert) Parsons of Lesage, W.Va., Tina Davis of Teays Valley, Joanne Hedrick of Lima, Ohio, Randy Davis of Huntington and Buddy (Lelia) Davis of Fort Myers, Fla.; a very special person, “Brother”; 16 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren; and 28 living and deceased brothers and sisters that dearly loved him. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Saturday, January 16, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, with Pastor Mark Finley officiating. Burial will be in Forest Memorial Park, Milton. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace. He is truly loved and cherished, and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- More than 50 manhole lids, catch basin covers reported stolen
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- CHRISTOPHER STEPHEN DROWN
- Letter to the editor: Is government hiding truth about UFOs?
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: Cabell County Fair, Wednesday
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA