GARY LEE WAGNER, 79, of Barboursville, passed away Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, Huntington. Funeral services will be conducted at 4 p.m. Sunday, October 25, 2020, at Lewis Memorial Baptist Church by dear friend Dr. David Lemming. Burial services will be private. He was born September 6, 1941, in Cabell County, a son of the late Virgil and Violet Bledsoe Wagner. He was also preceded in death by one son, Randall Lee Wagner; two brothers, Ronald Wagner and Carl Bledsoe; son-in-law, Jerry Nance; brother-in-law, Adrian Napier; and nephew, Kipp Wagner. He is survived by his loving wife of 38 years, Brenda Stricklin Wagner; one daughter, Kimberly Nance; one son and daughter-in-law, Shane and Stacey Wagner; two sisters and brother-in-law, Barbara Napier and Donna and Ron Hunt; one brother and sister-in-law, Roger and Sonja Wagner; four grandchildren, Jordana Wolfe (David) and Zander, Xavier and Macey Wagner; several nieces and nephews; and special friends, Delbert Artrip, Wayne Hutchinson and Sid Harmon. His furry family, Samson and Molly, will miss him. Gary was generous, loving, always kind and dedicated throughout his life. He will forever be in our hearts, and through the promise of the Lord, Jesus Christ, we will see him again. The family would especially like to thank the Metro Masonry family for their love and support. Visitation will be from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday prior to the service at the church. Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Man who lost leg after being pinned to tree sues drunk driver, lodge
- Cabell Midland's Caudill to trade hoorays for oorahs
- Drive-thru Christmas event at Huntington YMCA lights up the night
- BRIAN KEITH ROSS
- TOMMY EUGENE CLAGG
- Cabell County woman among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Man admits to robbery, attempted murder of Huntington restaurant owner
- Cabell County man among new COVID-19 deaths in West Virginia
- Ironton man sentenced to prison
- 2020 high school football championships in W.Va. canceled
- Photos: First snow of the season hits Huntington
- Photos: Small Business Saturday
- Photos: Black Friday at The Huntington Mall
- Photos: Marshall basketball wins season opener over Arkansas State
- Photos: Girls High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Coal Grove
- Photos: Huntington Cabell Wayne Animal Shelter’s Thankful Furry Feast event
- Photos: Marshall vs. Wright State, men's basketball
- Photos: Boy's High School Basketball, Fairland vs. Piketon
- Photos: Winter Wonderland of Lights
- Photos: Festival of Trees and Trains in Ashland