GENEVA KUMA WELLS, 93, of Barboursville, passed away Saturday, September 11, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at the Woodmere Memorial Park Abbey of Peace, Huntington. She was born February 29, 1928, in Huntington, a daughter of the late Charles Eugene and Alice Mayona Turley Scarberry. She was preceded in death by her husband, Frederick T. Wells. She is survived by one daughter, Judy and Jim Mundy of Jacksonville, Fla.; two sons, Tom and Barbara Wells of Barboursville and James A. and Joy Wells of Huntington; one sister, Betty Jefferson of Lesage; seven grandchildren, Dana Luczyszyn, Shanon Bond Ketterman, Shane Wells, Shawn Wells, Tiffany Crawford, Tracy Scruggs and Jamie Keyes; great-grandchildren, Victoria Carter, Caleb Crawford, Jakeb and Samuel Wells, Luke and Rian Wells, Evan and Ian Bond, Peter, Michael and Gabrielle Luczyszyn, Anna Keyes, Grayson and Harper Scruggs; and a great-great-granddaughter, Brynlee Carter. Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- KDMC doctors give glimpse into their hospital during pandemic
- Herd collapses in 42-38 loss to ECU
- Developers continue revitalization efforts in downtown Huntington
- Family seeks answers three years after man went missing from Grayson Lake
- Autism pioneer Ruth Sullivan dies at 97
- Police roundup: Dispute between parents leads to vandalism after football game
- W.Va.’s world-leading virus surge pushes hospitals, first responders to breaking point
- RUTH CHRIST SULLIVAN
- Marshall, WVU meet in top-10 men's soccer matchup
- Huntington man charged in 2018 shooting deaths
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest Parade
- Photos: Marshall fans tailgate before East Carolina game
- Photos: Young Thundering Herd meets at Spring Hill Cemetery
- Photos: Marshall vs. WVU, men's soccer
- Photos: Poage Landing Days
- Photos: East Carolina defeats Marshall, 42-38
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. Hurricane
- Photos: Barboursville Fall Fest pancake breakfast
- Photos: The Friends of Hospice annual mum sale
- Photos: Mary Ingles Trail Association reenactment camp