HOMER CARL BURD, 73, of Lesage, passed away Thursday, October 7, 2021. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville. Burial will be in Ridgelawn Memorial Park, Huntington. He was born January 28, 1948, in Cabell County, a son of the late Herman and Olive Christian Burd. He was a truck driver and mechanic. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by 17 siblings. He is survived by his wife, Priscilla Elaine Ross Burd; four daughters, Carla Burge (Philip), Lisa Carey (Brett), Robin Burd and Karen Plybon (Donnie); three sons, Homer Burd (Samantha), Travis Burd (Jenniffer) and Robert Burd; two sisters, Tina Kirk and Sonjia Buzzel (Rob); three brothers, Arthur Burd, Ronald Burd and Jason Burd; 19 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m., prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Fan behavior leads to forfeit of JV football game
- Suspect in downtown Huntington shooting death arrested three years later
- Ohio man sentenced in federal drug case
- Arrest made two years after man gunned down in driveway of Huntington home
- Police called to picket lines at Special Metals
- Police roundup: Driver accused of injuring one in hit-and-run outside Huntington bar
- Chaffin new boys basketball coach at Spring Valley
- Tri-State Trick-or-Treat times for 2021
- RODGER A. BLAKE
- Controversy continues regarding private employer COVID vaccine mandates
- Photos: Spring Hill Cemetery guided tour
- Photos: Tri-State Marching Championship
- Photos: Marshall conducts National Coming Out Day event
- Photos: Marshall Institute for Cyber Security ribbon-cutting
- Photos: High school football, Cabell Midland vs. George Washington
- Photos: Fall Fest in Central City
- Photos: Re-enactors set up for Barboursville Civil War Days
- Photos: Westmoreland Quilt Blockers
- Photos: Flannel Fest at the Ashland Town Center
- Photos: Huntington vs. St. Albans, football