HOWARD M. PEYTON, 71, of Ormond Beach, Fla., formerly of Milton, W.Va., went home to be with his Lord on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Graveside services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 13, 2021, at Toney Hill Cemetery, Milton, with Pastor Matt Boggs officiating. He was born July 27, 1949, in Milton, a son of the late Howard and Geraldine Jenkins Peyton. He was a graduate of Milton High School Class of 1967. He was a co-owner and national officer of the American Cruisers Motorcycle Club and was fondly known as “Snowman.” He is survived by his loving wife of 52 years, Sandra Reynolds Peyton; one daughter, Tammy Fitzegerald; one granddaughter, Peyton Shea Fitzegerald; brothers-in-law, Les Reynolds and Rex Reynolds (Judy); and two special cousins, Dwaine Cooper and David Ashworth; and a host of nephews and their families. The family would like to thank Lisa, his hospice nurse. In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to the Brothers of the Wheel Mother Chapter, P.O. Box 275, Apple Grove, WV 25502. Wallace Funeral Home, Milton, is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be sent to www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
Click Today's Obituaries to view all of the listings.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Lost Huntington: Albert E. Cox House
- Charleston mall space still set to become hotel
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Tab for Justice's luxury pickup shopping spree tops $1 million
- Man indicted in Huntington double homicide outside problematic bar
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: "The Wizard of Oz" at the Ritter Park Amphitheater
- Photos: Workshop with Jessica Drenk at HMA
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball