JAMES KAVIN CHAPMAN, 62, of Glenwood, W.Va., passed away Sunday, October 24, 2021. He was born November 5, 1958, in Cabell County, W.Va., a son of the late Cready Chapman and Matilda Huffman Chapman Wray. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother, Larry Chapman. He is survived by the love of his life, Beverly Chapman; two daughters, Heather Lang (Shane) and Angela Parker (Anthony), all of Glenwood; one sister, Barbara Thacker of Huntington; one brother, Roy Chapman (Connie) of Ashton, W.Va.; four grandchildren, Zacary and Kimberly Lang, Andrew and Christin Parker; mother-in-law, Carol Chapman; nieces, Martha Barker and Carissa Chapman; a nephew, Eugene Chapman; two brothers-in-law, Jerry Young (Marie) and Jason Young (Terri); sister-in-law, Kelley Gue (Calvin); and a special friend, Bill Bell. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, October 30, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, with Pastor Charlie Langdon officiating. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- A dentist became a top opioid buyer in W.Va. Now a drug firm faces penalty for ignoring red flags
- Arrest warrant issued for replacement worker at Cabell Huntington Hospital
- Drug charges against ex-Marshall football player dropped
- ALEXIS “LEXI” KAY MASSIE
- Martinsburg routs Huntington High, 62-21
- Lyzenga leaves a legacy of peace, love and music
- Herd bowl announcement to come Sunday
- Cannabis education center in Huntington ready to open
- Prep sports notebook: Former Coal Grove star makes NFL debut
- Dingess’ analysis of state title game is it’s a tossup
- Photos: Ritter Park Christmas display lighting
- Photos: Barboursville Christmas Parade
- Photos: Martinsburg tops Huntington, 62-21 in Class AAA championship
- Photos: Christmas with a Cause 2021
- Photos: City of Huntington Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Photos: Huntington Dance Theatre rehearses for "The Nutcracker"
- Photos: Readers' deer photos 2021
- Photos: 2021 Ironton Christmas Parade
- Photos: St. Joe vs. Raceland, girls basketball
- Photos: King of the Mountain State at Mountain Health Arena