LYLE THOMAS BROOKS, 63, of Branchland, W.Va., passed away July 17, 2021, at St. Mary’s Medical Center. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Thursday, July 22, 2021, at the Wallace Funeral Home & Chapel, Barboursville, by Bishop Gary L. Edwards. Burial will be in Baylous Cemetery, Salt Rock. He was born September 4, 1957, in Huntington, a son of the late Odie Otho and Patricia Marie Cole Brooks. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters, Pamela Dotson and Brenda Lowman. He is survived by his wife, Brenda May Brooks; three daughters, Patty “Duke” and Terry Adkins of Barboursville, Janie “Sis” Brooks and Andy of Branchland, W.Va., and Ellen “Jennybell” and Bebo McCaffrey of Huntington; three sisters, Ellen Adkins of Huntington, Violet Vance of Wayne and Lori Hammond of Huntington; two brothers, June Brooks and Eddie Brooks, both of Huntington; seven grandchildren, Zack, Colton, Kayla, Miranda, Dakota, Savannah and Alex; and nine great-grandchildren, Josiah, Channing, Braylon, Bentlee, Eastyn, Ellynna, Conner, Isaac and Iziaha. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Wallace Funeral Home, Barboursville. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/wallace.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd,
racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
1159 Central Avenue
Barboursville, West Virginia 25504
Search Past Obituaries
Submit An Obituary
We accept obituaries only from the funeral home in charge. For information on submitting an obituary, please contact The Herald-Dispatch by phone at 304-526-2793 or email at email@example.com. Obituaries for The Herald-Dispatch must be received by 2 p.m. to appear in the next day’s publication. Obituaries for the Wayne County News, which publishes on Wednesday, must be received by noon Tuesday.
- Police roundup: Huntington police investigating second, third shootings this week
- New art gallery opens in Central City Antiques District
- Bartrum brings versatility to Spring Valley football
- Seven apply to represent District 4 on Huntington City Council
- Cabell County, Huntington set trick-or-treat times for 2021
- Plan to transform Kyova Mall to entertainment center an economic ‘spark’ for Boyd County
- Grant for Tri-State Airport to secure air service to Chicago, DC
- Judge says, for now, WV transgender girl can play on girls teams despite state ban
- Man arrested, charged in Monday afternoon shooting
- JEAN KIPP DEAN
- Photos: 2021 Cabell County Fair Parade
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Fairmont, little league baseball
- Photos: Huntington Area Regional Theatre company presents "Cinderella"
- Photos: Sloane Square Gallery
- Photos: Barboursville Splash Park
- Photos: Cabell County Fair Horse Show
- Photos: A Cappella in the Park
- Photos: Westmoreland Woman's Club celebrates Huntington's 150th anniversary
- Photos: Volunteers repaint 10th Street underpass
- Photos: Ona-Milton vs. Jefferson, Little League Baseball